Looking to embark on an unforgettable European adventure without breaking the bank? Look no further, as we present to you our guide on how to reach Europe from India cheap. As seasoned travel journalists with a passion for affordable and unique experiences, we understand the importance of finding budget-friendly routes and strategies. With our extensive background in backpacking through various countries, we are equipped with the knowledge and expertise to help you make the most of your journey. In this article, we’ll share insightful tips and practical advice on how to embark on a shoestring budget, enabling you to explore the wonders of Europe without worrying about your bank account.
- There are 8 ways to travel from India to Europe, including flying and taking a train.
- The cheapest way to travel from India to Europe is by flying and then taking a train, with costs ranging from ₹24,000 to ₹37,000 and a total travel time of 14 hours and 28 minutes.
- The fastest way to travel from India to Europe is also by flying and then taking a train, with costs ranging from ₹43,000 to ₹80,000 and a total travel time of 13 hours and 40 minutes.
- The distance between India and Europe is 6618 km.
- The average direct flight from India to Europe takes 11 hours and 45 minutes, covering a distance of 6781 km.
- The quickest flight from Bengaluru Airport to Frankfurt Airport takes 9 hours and 25 minutes.
- Europe is 3 hours and 30 minutes behind India in terms of time difference.
- Airlines such as Lufthansa, Gulf Air Bahrain, Air India Limited, and others offer flights from Bengaluru Airport to Frankfurt Airport.
- To get to Bengaluru Airport from India, it is recommended to take a taxi.
- There are 22+ hotels available in Europe, with prices starting at $100 USD per night.
- The cheapest flight ticket to Europe from India in the last 72 hours was ₹28,313.
- Airlines such as Air India, Delta, and American Airlines fly to Europe.
How to Reach Europe from India Cheap
When it comes to traveling from India to Europe on a budget, there are various options to consider. Whether you prefer the speed of flying or the scenic route of a train journey, there are affordable routes and strategies that can help you make your dream trip a reality without breaking the bank. In this guide, we’ll explore the most cost-effective ways to reach Europe from India, providing you with valuable insights and tips to ensure you have an unforgettable budget-friendly adventure.
Flying: The Cheapest and Fastest Option
If you’re looking for a quick and affordable way to reach Europe from India, flying combined with a train is your best bet. Not only is it the cheapest option, but it also offers a relatively fast travel time. The cost of this route can range from ₹24,000 to ₹37,000, taking approximately 14 hours and 28 minutes. On the other hand, if you’re willing to spend a bit more to save some time, you can opt for a faster flight and train combination, which can cost anywhere between ₹43,000 to ₹80,000 and take about 13 hours and 40 minutes.
The Distance and Time Difference
It’s important to have a clear understanding of the logistics involved in traveling from India to Europe to ensure a smooth journey. The distance between the two continents is approximately 6618 kilometers. This distance can be covered in around 13 hours and 40 minutes, including transfers. Keep in mind that Europe is 3 hours and 30 minutes behind India in terms of the time difference.
Flight Options and Accommodations
To make your travel planning easier, it’s good to know the available flight options and accommodations. Airlines such as Lufthansa, Gulf Air Bahrain, Air India Limited, and several others offer flights from Bengaluru Airport to Frankfurt Airport. The quickest flight from Bengaluru to Frankfurt takes around 9 hours and 25 minutes. As for accommodations, there are over 22 hotels available in Europe, with prices starting at $100 USD per night.
Tips to Save Money
Now, let’s dive into some practical strategies to make your journey from India to Europe even more affordable:
- Flexibility: Being open to traveling on weekdays rather than weekends can often result in significant savings on flight tickets.
- Advance Booking: Booking your flights and accommodations in advance can help you secure better deals and lowest fares.
- Budget Airlines: Consider flying with budget airlines, as they often offer lower fares compared to full-service carriers. However, do check their baggage policies and any additional fees to ensure a truly affordable experience.
- Connecting Flights: Opting for connecting flights instead of direct ones might be a cost-effective choice. However, weigh the pros and cons of longer layovers and potential delays.
- Off-Peak Season: Traveling during the off-peak season can significantly reduce your overall expenses. Take advantage of lower prices on flights, accommodations, and even tourist attractions.
- Travel Light: Pack smart and travel light to avoid excess baggage fees. Consider doing laundry during your trip instead of packing too many clothes.
- Explore Alternative Airports: Sometimes flying into alternative airports in Europe can save you money. Check for nearby airports and transportation options to your desired destination.
- Local Transportation: Once you reach Europe, use public transportation or rent a bike to explore the cities economically. It’s not only budget-friendly but also an eco-friendly way to experience the local culture.
Pros and Cons of Different Modes of Transportation
Let’s take a quick look at the pros and cons of flying and taking a train to help you make an informed decision:
– Faster travel time
– Cost-effective option when combined with a train
– Wide range of flight options and airlines
– Possible additional fees for baggage
– Potential delays or longer layovers
– Limited flexibility in some cases
Taking a Train
– Scenic and relaxing journey
– Opportunity to explore multiple destinations along the way
– Flexibility in terms of individual travel preferences
– Longer travel time compared to flying
– Limited options for direct train routes
– Can be slightly more expensive than flying alone
Traveling from India to Europe on a tight budget is definitely within reach. By considering the options of flying and taking a train, you can enjoy an affordable and efficient journey. Remember to implement the money-saving tips mentioned above and be flexible with your travel plans. With careful planning and a sense of adventure, you’ll be able to embark on an unbeatable budget-friendly trip from India to Europe. So start exploring the many affordable routes and strategies available, and get ready to create unforgettable memories without breaking the bank.
If you’re looking for the best cheap countries to visit with family, check out our list at best-cheap-countries-to-visit-with-family.
Planning a family trip on a tight budget? Explore our recommended cheap countries to visit with family on a budget for an unforgettable vacation.
Dreaming of a pocket-friendly getaway in December? Discover the most cheap countries to fly to in December and make your holiday wishes come true.
Escape to affordable holiday destinations this December with our handpicked selection of cheap countries to go to in December. Start planning your trip today!
Traveling from the UK? Find the cheap countries to visit in December from UK for an amazing winter adventure without breaking the bank.
Planning a trip from the USA? Explore our suggestions for the cheap countries to visit in December from USA and make the most out of your holiday season.
Looking for budget-friendly destinations in November? Discover our top picks for cheap countries to visit in November from India and embark on an unforgettable journey within your means.
October is a great time to travel! Check out our recommendations for cheap countries to visit in October from India and plan an affordable getaway today.
Explore the beauty of Europe without breaking the bank! Find incredible deals on cheap Europe holidays from India and create lifelong memories with your loved ones.
Dreaming of an affordable European vacation from India? Check out our suggestions for cheap European countries to visit from India and start planning your dream trip today.
Wondering how to visit Europe on a budget? Click here to discover insider tips and tricks on how to visit Europe cheap and make your dream vacation a reality.
Searching for the cheapest way to get to Europe from the US? Explore our guide on the cheapest way to get to Europe from the US and start planning your transatlantic adventure.
Want to know the cheapest way to get to Europe from the US? Join the discussion on cheapest way to get to Europe from US Reddit for helpful insights and budget-friendly travel options.
Dreaming of an European adventure? Find out the cheapest way to get to Europe from USA and start planning an unforgettable journey.
Planning a trip to Europe on a budget? Discover the cheapest way to reach Europe from India and make your travel dreams come true without breaking the bank.
3. Look for Affordable Accommodations, such as Hostels or Budget Hotels, in European Cities
Europe is known for its stunning architecture, rich history, and vibrant culture. But when it comes to budget travel, finding affordable accommodations can be a real challenge. However, with the right strategies and resources, you can easily find budget-friendly options such as hostels or budget hotels in European cities.
When it comes to finding and comparing cheap hotels and accommodation options, there are several websites that can help you in your search. One popular website is Kayak, which offers a wide range of accommodation options and allows you to compare prices from multiple travel sites. Another well-known website is Booking.com, which specializes in booking cheap hotels, vacation rentals, and other types of accommodation.
If you’re specifically looking for affordable hostels in Europe, TheTravelVerified provides a list of the cheapest hostels that offer comfort and convenience on a budget. This can be a great resource for backpackers or solo travelers looking for social and affordable accommodation options.
In addition to these websites, there are other tried and tested ways to find cheap accommodation in Europe. Visas Association offers some valuable tips, including choosing the location carefully, using the best hotel booking sites to compare prices, sharing the costs of an apartment with fellow travelers, and considering free amenities offered by certain accommodations.
Another option to consider is booking through platforms like Airbnb, where you can find affordable deals on accommodation. Additionally, religious houses in Europe often offer lodgings at a low cost or on a donation basis, making them an unconventional yet budget-friendly option.
To make the most of your search for affordable accommodations, it’s advisable to use the best booking sites like Kayak and Booking.com. These websites not only offer a wide range of options but also allow you to filter your search based on your budget and preferences. By comparing prices and reading reviews from other travelers, you can make an informed decision and find a great deal on hotels, hostels, or bed and breakfasts.
– Look for affordable accommodations such as hostels or budget hotels in European cities to save on lodging expenses.
– Utilize websites like Kayak and Booking.com to compare prices and find the best deals on accommodations.
– Check out resources like TheTravelVerified for lists of the cheapest hostels in Europe, offering comfort and convenience within a budget.
– Consider alternative options such as Airbnb or religious houses for affordable lodging choices.
– Use the best booking sites to filter your search based on budget and preferences, ensuring you find the perfect accommodation at a reasonable price.
1. Kayak – Low Prices on Hotels | Find and Compare Cheap Hotels
2. Booking.com: Places To Stay | Booking.com – Cheap Hotels
3. TheTravelVerified – 10 Cheapest Hostels In Europe That Offer Comfort And Convenience On A Budget
4. Visas Association – 6 Tried & Tested Ways to Find Cheap Accommodation in Europe
4. Utilize Cost-Saving Strategies for Meals and Entertainment While in Europe
Are you planning a budget-friendly trip to Europe but worried about the high costs of meals and entertainment? Don’t fret! With some smart strategies and a little creativity, you can enjoy delicious meals and exciting activities without breaking the bank. In this article, we will explore some cost-saving techniques that will help you make the most of your culinary and entertainment experiences while traveling in Europe.
Eating on a Shoestring Budget
When it comes to meals, there are several ways to save money without sacrificing taste and quality. Here are some handy tips to help you navigate Europe’s food scene without emptying your wallet:
Explore Street Stands and Kebab Places: These affordable options not only offer a taste of local cuisine but can also save you a considerable amount of money. Try the mouth-watering street food in countries like Italy, Greece, or Turkey, and savor the flavors without breaking the bank. [^1^]
Visit Immigrant-Run Restaurants: Immigrant-run restaurants often provide buffet-style meals at reasonable prices. By opting for these establishments, you can enjoy a hearty meal without blowing your budget. Look for restaurants with diverse cuisine options, such as Indian, Chinese, or Middle Eastern, for a cost-effective dining experience. [^1^]
Consider Ordering Kid’s Meals: Many restaurants in Europe offer kid’s menus that provide smaller portions at lower prices. Don’t hesitate to order from these menus, even if you’re an adult traveler. You can enjoy a satisfying meal while saving money. [^1^]
Cook Your Own Meals: If you have access to a kitchen or are staying in accommodation with cooking facilities, consider preparing your own meals. This option can be cost-effective, especially if you’re traveling in a group. Shop at local markets and grocery stores to find fresh ingredients and local delicacies. [^1^]
Food Courts in Shopping Malls: Another budget-friendly option is to check out food courts in shopping malls. These food courts offer a variety of affordable food options, including local dishes, international cuisines, and quick bites. Enjoy a flavorful meal without straining your wallet. [^1^]
Entertainment on a Budget
Exploring Europe doesn’t have to be expensive when it comes to entertainment. Here are some tips for enjoying the local attractions without breaking your budget:
Take Advantage of Free Activities: Many cities in Europe offer a range of free activities and attractions. Take a leisurely stroll through charming neighborhoods, explore picturesque parks, or visit free museums and art galleries. These experiences can be both enjoyable and cost-effective. [^1^]
Research Free Entry Days: Many popular tourist attractions in Europe have designated days or times when entry is free or discounted. Do some research before your trip and plan your visits accordingly. This way, you can experience iconic landmarks and cultural sites without spending a fortune. [^1^]
Check for Discounted Tickets and Passes: Look for discounted tickets and passes for multiple attractions and transportation within the city. These can often save you money on entrance fees and transportation costs, making your adventures more affordable. [^1^]
Seek Out Local Events and Festivals: Keep an eye out for local events and festivals happening during your visit. These events often showcase the region’s culture, traditions, and entertainment at little to no cost. Immerse yourself in the local atmosphere while enjoying vibrant performances and live music. [^1^]
- Exploring street stands and kebab places can offer affordable and authentic local food experiences in Europe. [^1^]
- Immigrant-run restaurants often provide inexpensive buffet options. [^1^]
- Ordering from the kid’s menu at restaurants can save money without compromising on taste. [^1^]
- Cooking your own meals can be a cost-effective option if you have access to a kitchen. [^1^]
- Food courts in shopping malls offer a variety of affordable local food options. [^1^]
- Take advantage of free activities and attractions in Europe to cut down on entertainment expenses. [^1^]
- Research free entry days for popular tourist attractions and plan your visits accordingly. [^1^]
- Look for discounted tickets and passes for attractions and transportation within the city. [^1^]
- Attend local events and festivals to experience the culture and entertainment at little to no cost. [^1^]
5. Take advantage of budget-friendly sightseeing options and attractions in European cities
– Florence, Rome, Venice, Palermo, London, Leipzig, and Gdánsk are affordable European cities to visit in 2023. (source)
– Palermo, Sicily offers beautiful mosaics, churches, and neighborhood markets. (source)
– London has free tourist attractions. (source)
– Leipzig, Germany has a rich cultural and artistic history. (source)
– Gdánsk, Poland has a picturesque coastal appeal. (source)
– Istanbul, Turkey; Tirana, Albania; Cardiff, Wales; Krakow, Poland; and Lisbon, Portugal are affordable city breaks in Europe. (source)
– Lisbon, Portugal is known as one of the cheapest places to travel in Europe. (source)
Europe is a treasure trove of stunning sights and attractions that can be explored on a budget. From historic landmarks to vibrant neighborhoods, there are plenty of budget-friendly sightseeing options available in European cities. So, whether you’re exploring the artistic streets of Florence, discovering the architectural wonders in Rome, or strolling along the canals of Venice, you can make the most of your European adventure without breaking the bank.
Budget-Friendly Sightseeing Options and Attractions in European Cities
- Florence, Italy: Renaissance Marvels and Stunning Views
- Explore the iconic Duomo and Baptistry for free or climb Giotto’s Bell Tower for a small fee.
- Enjoy the picturesque views of Florence from Piazzale Michelangelo.
Visit the stunning Boboli Gardens with its lush greenery and beautiful sculptures.
Rome, Italy: Ancient History and Cultural Gems
- Discover the ancient Roman Forum and Colosseum for a nominal fee.
- Take a leisurely stroll through the charming neighborhood of Trastevere.
Marvel at the artistic masterpieces in the Vatican Museums, which offers free admission on the last Sunday of each month.
Venice, Italy: Canals, Bridges, and Hidden Gems
- Wander through the vibrant streets of the colorful Burano Island, known for its charming houses and lace-making tradition.
- Explore the lesser-known neighborhoods of Cannaregio and Dorsoduro, where you can find local markets and quieter canals.
Take advantage of free attractions like the Rialto Bridge and St. Mark’s Square.
Palermo, Sicily: Mosaics, Churches, and Local Markets
- Immerse yourself in the breathtaking mosaics of Cattedrale, Palazzo de Normann, and Cappella Palatina.
- Visit the colorful neighborhood markets, such as the bustling Ballarò Market.
Explore the historic Palermo Cathedral, a stunning architectural gem.
London, England: Free Attractions and Cultural Delights
- Visit world-class museums like the British Museum and the National Gallery, which offer free admission.
- Explore the vibrant markets of Camden Town and Portobello Road.
Take a leisurely walk along the South Bank and enjoy iconic views of the River Thames and landmarks like the Tower Bridge.
Leipzig, Germany: Art, Culture, and History
- Wander through the vibrant Spinnerei Art Complex, home to numerous art galleries and studios.
- Discover the historic St. Thomas Church, where Johann Sebastian Bach composed his famous works.
Enjoy the beauty of the Leipzig Botanical Garden, a peaceful oasis in the city.
Gdánsk, Poland: Coastal Charm and Colorful Vibes
- Explore the picturesque streets of the Old Town and admire the colorful facades.
- Visit the historic Gdánsk Crane, an iconic symbol of the city’s maritime past.
Relax on the beautiful beaches of Sopot, located near Gdánsk.
Istanbul, Turkey: The Intersection of Cultures
- Discover the vibrant Grand Bazaar and get lost in its bustling alleys filled with stalls selling spices, textiles, and more.
- Visit the awe-inspiring Hagia Sophia, a former Byzantine church turned mosque turned museum.
Take a leisurely cruise along the Bosphorus strait and admire the stunning views of Istanbul’s skyline.
Tirana, Albania: Rich History and Colorful Architecture
- Explore the vibrant Blloku district, known for its trendy cafes and boutiques.
- Visit the Bunk’Art 2 museum, which offers insights into Albania’s communist past.
Take a stroll through the colorful streets of the historic city center, where you can find Ottoman-era buildings and Skanderbeg Square.
Cardiff, Wales: Castles, Parks, and Modern Marvels
- Discover the historic Cardiff Castle, which offers free entry to its castle grounds.
- Explore the beautiful Bute Park and take a peaceful walk along the River Taff.
- Visit the modern Wales Millennium Centre, known for its striking architecture and cultural performances.
Krakow, Poland: History, Culture, and Gothic Architecture
- Wander through the charming streets of the UNESCO-listed Old Town, where you can find landmarks like St. Mary’s Basilica.
- Visit the historic Wawel Castle and explore its stunning interiors and gardens.
- Take a somber but essential visit to Auschwitz-Birkenau, an important reminder of the Holocaust.
Lisbon, Portugal: Affordable Charm and Beautiful Views
- Enjoy breathtaking views of Lisbon from viewpoints like Miradouro da Senhora do Monte or Miradouro da Graça.
- Explore the narrow streets of Alfama, one of Lisbon’s oldest neighborhoods, known for its Fado music and traditional architecture.
- Visit the lively Mercado da Ribeira, a food market offering an array of affordable local delicacies.
So, don’t let a tight budget hold you back from experiencing the wonders of Europe. By taking advantage of budget-friendly sightseeing options and attractions, you can create memorable moments without breaking the bank. Allow yourself to be captivated by the history, culture, and charm of these European cities, all while staying within your budget.
– CCN Travel: 20 Affordable Places to Visit in Europe in 2023
– The Times & The Sunday Times: 20 of the Best Affordable City Breaks in Europe
– Capture the Atlas: 15 Cheapest Places to Visit in Europe in 2023
Q1: What are the cheapest ways to travel from India to Europe?
A1: The cheapest ways to travel from India to Europe are to fly and take a train, with prices ranging from ₹24,000 to ₹37,000, or to fly and take a faster train, with prices ranging from ₹43,000 to ₹80,000. The duration of the journey is approximately 14 hours and 28 minutes for the cheaper option and 13 hours and 40 minutes for the faster option.
Q2: How long does it take to travel from India to Europe?
A2: The total travel time from India to Europe, including transfers, is approximately 13 hours and 40 minutes. The quickest flight from Bengaluru Airport to Frankfurt Airport takes 9 hours and 25 minutes.
Q3: Which airlines offer flights from India to Europe?
A3: Airlines such as Lufthansa, Gulf Air Bahrain, Air India Limited, and eight others offer flights from Bengaluru Airport to Frankfurt Airport. Other popular airlines that fly from India to Europe include Air India, Delta, and American.
Q4: Where can I find affordable accommodation in Europe?
A4: To find affordable accommodation in Europe, you can use websites like Kayak or Booking.com. These platforms allow you to compare prices from multiple travel sites and offer a wide range of options, including hotels, hostels, vacation rentals, and other types of accommodation.
Q5: How can I eat cheaply in Europe?
A5: Eating at street stands, kebab places, or immigrant-run restaurants can be a cheap option for tasting local food in Europe. You can also consider ordering kid’s meals at restaurants or cooking your own meals if you have the means. Additionally, eating at food courts in shopping malls can provide affordable local food options.